• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nowack ///N500

Fates

Messages recommandés

Invité Tom SMGII

Salut,

La Novack etait passe en essai dans BMW world. On y apprenait par exemple qu'un gros gain avait ete trouve sur la ligne d'echappement, specialement sur les collecteurs.

Malheureusement, je ne me souviens plus du numero du magazine.

Voilà:

Nowack a malheureusement une relation clientèle et un après-vente assez nul... :nickel:

The Nowack N-500

Nowack have a package of upgrades for the E39 M5, including engine (inc. clutch, exhausts, etc.), brakes (inc. wheels and tires), suspension (inc. anti-role bars). They call the full package the Nowack N-500. I got a quote from Nowack for the full N-500 package, which I list below:

Engine upgrade to 503 BHP and 630 Nm (479 ft lb) of torque: £12,500 or cUS$18,100.

A lot of the work here is to make the engine work more efficiently, particularly in terms of air and fuel-air mix flows. A complete list of the work is:

· New Nowack sports camshafts (probably bought off-the-rack from an external supplier).

· Prepared (smoothed, optimised) cylinder heads on in- and out-lets. Work done on in-house machines.

· Additional RAM-air inlet funnels (see website for these. They are rather obviously built into the front air dam in the company's demo car -- in my car they are now buried behind the airdam grill and thus look less obvious) and optimised air intakes/air flow.

· Free flow air filters (Nowack use K&N)

· Optimised single throttle bodies (no idea exactly what this, to be honest)

· New optimised con-rods (these are exclusive to Nowack, from an external supplier)

· New exhaust system. This is also specially made for Nowack and includes much improved cat-converters. The demo car on the website has slightly odd shaped "lozenge" pipes at the rear -- the new Nowack exhaust system just uses wider version of the four-pipe outlet set-up in the standard car (ie: very wide)

· Optimisation of the engine software. According to Oliver Nowack, this is where the real power uplift comes from. The mechanical work just makes the engine more efficient so it is capable of taking the increased demands from the software upgrade that Nowack install. As part of the software upgrade Nowack remove the 155 MPH limited and increase the rev limit from 7,200 rpm to 7,700 rpm. Nowack reckon that once they have worked on the engine it could happily go to 8,000 rpm or more, but to maximise engine life they put the limit at 7,700 rpm. The uprated rev limit and removal of BMW speed limit means that the N-500 maximum speed is 198 MPH (apparently verified by a German car magazine -- see the Nowack website). Note that the "sport" button still works, but just turns the engine response and power delivery from "mad" to "insane".

Sports clutch (700 Nm capable): £610 or US$890

No idea which external supplier this comes from.

19" wheels + Yokohama AVS Sport tyres: £4,525 or US$6,560

The Nowack light alloy wheels are in fact BBS supplied -- they do look good though.

Nowack Break system: £6,510 or US$9,440

This is a Porsche break system adapted by Nowack for the M5, including Stahlflex hoses.

· The front system is said to be from the Porsche 911 GT2. They are 380 x 32 mm doubled vented, cross-drilled discs with four-pot callipers. I must say, I thought the new GT2 had carbon brake discs and the new ones on my car are steel -- it could be these discs are from the 993 model as opposed to the 996.

· The rear system is from the 993 version Porsche 911 Turbo. They are 322 x 28 mm double vented, cross-drilled discs with four pot callipers.

As I mention later, the decision to use brakes is a good one ? they are a material improvements and they look good in my opinion. On an aesthetic note, the BBS alloys and red Porsche break callipers (branded Porsche) are a lot more dramatic than the standard set-up. I like it, but it might not be to everyone's taste.

Suspension kit: £1,870 or US$2,710

No idea where this comes from as I didn't go for it.

Anti-roll kit: £620 or US$900

Nowack use Eibach front and rear

Nowack 200 MPH Speedo and 8,000 RPM tacho: £1,040 or US$1,500

These look exactly the same as the standard M5, but given the increase in rev limit and maximum speed, they go up to 200 mph and 8,000 rpm respectively. The rev counter has the multi-stage oil temperature indicators from 4,000 rpm as in the standard M5, but the red marker only kicks in at 7,500-8,000 rpm . Back lit in same orange colour.

I live in central London and 50%+ of my driving is in and around the city. Given bad (and rapidly deteriorating) road surfaces I decided not to go for the suspension package since I like the standard set-up and it copes well in London. Any harder and the ride for much of my life would be intolerable. So, at this stage,

· Total cost is looking to be £26,135, or US$37,900.

However, this price excludes German VAT. If you have your own company clearly you can claim this back, but I don't and so I had to add German VAT at 16% to this price. Thus,

· New total cost is now £30,316 or as near as dammit US$44,000

Salut,

La Novack etait passe en essai dans BMW world. On y apprenait par exemple qu'un gros gain avait ete trouve sur la ligne d'echappement, specialement sur les collecteurs.

Malheureusement, je ne me souviens plus du numero du magazine.

Malheureusement, je ne me souviens plus du numero du magazine :nickel:

Mais pour la ligne d'échappement, ce n'est pas la première fois que j'entends que l'on peut gagner beaucoup sur ce point de vue.

Voilà:

Nowack a malheureusement une relation clientèle et un après-vente assez nul...

Je suis relativement d'accord avec toi - Il y qu'à regarder le site. Mais je vais décortiquer avec attention ce que tu m'as envoyé. Merci beaucoup Dr-No

Moi je te fais une prépa M-Passion si tu veux.

4 zolis AP Racing en 6 ou 8 pistons, admission carbone, reprogrammation du boitier, 4 OZ Superleggera, un collecteur sport, un tube en inox et soupapes en titane :lol:

Non ? :nickel:

4 zolis AP Racing en 6 ou 8 pistons, admission carbone, reprogrammation du boitier, 4 OZ Superleggera, un collecteur sport, un tube en inox et soupapes en titane :lol:

Non ? :lol:

Et le tout pour un bon casse croute et une poignée de main. Ah c'est beau la solidarité entre passionnés :D:?:

Non ? :lol:

:?: Bah en y reflechissant bien, mis à part 2/3 points un peu délicats à repliquer, il y a je pense pas mal de trucs que l'on peut faire petit à petit (voir même améliorer 8) ).

J'crois que je vais me faire une p'tite liste qui pourrait donner un bon compromis au 44000 bucks :D

• Créer...